If you thought 2014 was a magnificent year for artists and new music then I can’t wait to see what this year has in store.
Here’s the Musicvein rundown of 15 artists who should be on everybody’s watch-list for 2015!
In no particular order:
1) Juliette Ashby – The ‘Lady Boss’ of UK RnB who’s already imprinting on USA soil, look out for her Spring debut album “Bitter Sweet”
2) Louise Golbey – already causing waves with her EP “Lots To Give” – Louise Golbey will be releasing debut album “Novel” this year. Special pre-launch event 15/01/15
3) Luca Dimoon – Hot from sharing the stage with American Soul-star Bilal, Italian Neo-soul/Jazz singer and producer Luca Dimoon will be releasing his album “Telescope” later this year – an album he’s been perfecting for the past 3 years.
4) Francesca Romana – 2nd album “So Close To You” follows on from the beautiful debut “Travelling”. Although from Italy, Francesca can be regularly spotted in London playing her blend of Folk/Jazz and Bossa.
5) The Thomas Brown Affair – When 90’s platinum selling artist Kenny Thomas met up with Wayne Brown, they formed the magnificent Thomas Brown Affair. Playing a range of Motown and Soul classics to a backdrop of Jazz, it’s a sound that must be heard. New music coming.
6) Harriet Eaves – London based singer and session artist, Harriet has performed with a variety of acts including Gareth Malone, James and the Electric Light Orchestra. Her wonderful EP “The One For Me” received rave reviews, I’m really looking forward to what Harriet has to offer this year, stay tuned as she’s currently working on new material.
7) Camera Soul – Going for over 10 years in other guises, the Lombardo Brothers – Piero & Pippo will be releasing the 2nd album for their Akademia award winning group Camera Soul, whose debut album “Not For Ordinary People” peaked at No.2 in the UK soul charts. “Dress Code” will be out later this month.
8) Daniel De Bourg – 2013/14 were massive for Daniel who released album “London Bread” followed up by long awaited EP “X Play part one” which peaked at No.2 in the iTunes chart on the day of its release. Currently working on new material, 2015 looks to be another great year.
9) Mario Biondi – One of the hottest singers to come out of Italy since Zucchero, Mario Biondi is on the rise with UK shows selling out whenever he’s on tour. A regular at London’s most famous Jazz club – Ronnie Scotts – his 7th album “Sun” saw the British public fall in love with his Jazz-funk style. Mario Biondi will be performing at The Clapham Grand later this year.
10) Desy Notamulata – Hailing from Milan, this RnB songstress may not have released an album yet but from her soundcloud tracks, she’s most certainly one to keep your eye on this year. Currently working on her debut EP with Luca Dimoon, this will be an exciting year for Desy.
11) Adam Dunning – If you haven’t encountered the infectious sound of bossa/surf-jazz produced by the globe-trotting Adam Dunning – you really are missing out. Since his debut album “Sunset Monkeys” (recorded with Bossa legends in Rio,) Adam has gone from strength to strength. His 2nd album “Glass Bottom Boat” saw BBC Radio hailing Dunning as “The unrivaled voice of summer”. Watch this space for news on new music coming this year.
12) Carmine Rose – taking influence from soul stars like D’angelo and Lauren Hill, rising Brighton star Carmine has just released debut album “Naked” winning some serious praise from Q Magazine.
13) James Zavaleta – When James Zavaleta sings everyone takes notice. With vocals that captivate and hot salsa rhythms that move you, you just have to take a listen to his debut EP James Zavaleta. Currently in the studio working on new music, I’m really looking forward to this.
14) Nate Williams – Welsh soul singer Nate recently released his debut album “Got To Let Go”. Influenced by Stevie Wonder, Prince and Michael Jackson – Nate is definitely a shining star for 2015.
15) Jarrod Lawson – If you’re a regular listener to Jazz FM it’s hard to escape the genius that is Jarrod Lawson. Great news is that he’ll be playing the London Jazz Cafe in April.
And there you have it – enjoy.