Taken from their outstanding debut album ‘Brave’ the music video was shot at Chris Bracey‘s neon treasure trove – Gods Own Junkyard, Walthamstow, London. Housing a vast collection of neon signs created by Chris in a career spanning 40 years, the junkyard features creations used in feature films with Tom Cruise, Jack Nicholson and Johnny Depp to name a few – Shires, Chrissy and Ben, were ecstatic to say the least to be filming there.
Working with the acclaimed director Robbie Newby (PETA ad featuring Vivenne Westwood), The Shires stated “We’re so excited about this video shoot! Robbie is an amazing director and delivered such a great concept which fitted perfectly with the song…Gods Own Junkyard is an incredible space and the perfect location for this video, as we wanted somewhere iconic and visually striking!”
The video utilises cutting edge camera techniques to create a photographic, super-slow motion effect, which will seem to the viewer as if they are seeing a photograph in 3 dimensions. The music video explores ‘I Just Wanna Love You”s lyrical theme of time, with characters frozen in time, like a photo, whilst the band play on, disconnected from the character’s in the video.
The single and music video for ‘I Just Wanna Love You’ will be released end of October.
Still time to catch them on tour!!!
The Shires Tour Dates 2015
- Friday 16th October – Roadmender, Northampton
- Sunday 18th October – The Institute, Birmingham
- Monday 19th October – O2 Academy Liverpool, Liverpool
- Tuesday 20th October – Cambridge Junction, Cambridge
- Thursday 22nd October – Bath Pavilion, Bath
- Saturday 24th October – O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire, London
Little Big Town Support Tour:
- Thursday 12th November – Adams Centre, Missoula, Montana
- Friday 13th November – Taco Bell Arena, Boise, Idaho
- Saturday 14th November – Keller Auditorium, Portland, Oregon
- Thursday 19th November – Abbotsford Centre, Abbotsford, Canada
- Friday 20th November – Paramount Theatre, Seattle, Washington
- Saturday 21st November – INB Performing Arts Centre – Spokane, Washington